[hunchentoot-devel] Invoke-debugger

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Nov 14 10:46:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not meaning to say that I would be strictly opposed to
> re-establishing a Hunchentoot-private way to control error handling.
> It is just that I have not felt restricted by using *break-on-signals*
> and that I consider code which uses errors to handle errors to be
> preferable in any case, Hunchentoot or not.

Let me just say that I agree.  The hows and whens of /maybe/
re-establishing Hunchentoot-specific error handling are still open due
to lack of time (and that's one of the main reasons holding back a new
release).  But generally I think that CL has maybe the best condition
system of all programming languages I know and we all don't use it
enough.  In an ideal world, *break-on-signals* would be the right
solution to this problem.  (And, yes, I've also used ignore-errors in
places we I shouldn't have.)

Edi.