[hunchentoot-devel] Invoke-debugger

Frode V. Fjeld frode at netfonds.no
Sat Nov 14 08:22:07 UTC 2009

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> *break-on-signals* doesn't force you to break on every signal.

One simple use-case I believe where the *break-on-signals* approach is
inappropriate is if some response is computed by means of e.g.

  (if (ignore-errors (try-or-fail ...))
      "It worked!"
      "Something went wrong.")

I would typically not want the debugger on every error signaled by
try-or-fail, but I believe *break-on-signals* set to e.g. "error"
would force that to happen.

Try-or-fail might be deep inside some library whose implementation I
don't care about, or even inside of the lisp implementation itself.

--
Frode V. Fjeld