[hunchentoot-devel] Using json-rpc and Hunchentoot

Brett van de Sande bvds at asu.edu
Thu Apr 9 00:16:47 UTC 2009

I am developing a Hunchentoot server that communicates using json-rpc 2.0.
The default Hunchentoot error messages are html formatted and
I need to make a json-rpc version of these messages.
I see that I can use *http-error-handler* to make a custom error message
for a given error code in whatever format I like.  That works just fine.

However, the default Hunchentoot error messages have additional (important)
information, such as the actual lisp error message for a lisp error.
(This is given in the "content" argument of the function "start-output"
in headers.lisp.)  I need to be able to include this additional information
in my json-rpc formatted error messages.

How would I do this?

Brett van de Sande