[hunchentoot-devel] Using Hunchentoot and cl-who with other people (non-coders)

Nick Allen rflug05 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:00:52 UTC 2009

Hello Larry

I emphatically second everyone else's advice: If you want to work with
a designer you need to use a templating system.

As someone who has actually journeyed down the other path and worked
with a designer to engineer a reasonably complex web app using an
embedded lisp approach (http://github.com/nallen05/watershed) I can
tell you that it was without a doubt the worst technical decision of
my life and it resulted in much wailing and gnashing of the teeth from
everyone involved, including myself...

Thankfully, for the next iteration of the same project, I had a chance
to port of the Django templating language to Common Lisp:

   http://cloud.github.com/downloads/nallen05/djula/generated-documentation-djula-v0.2.html
   http://github.com/nallen05/djula

and it was very much well received by both the designer and
programmers involved until the project was finally ported to Python
sometime after I left.

Anyways, good luck with your project

Take care

Nick