[hunchentoot-devel] Re: Current development

Bjørn Nordbø bn at netfonds.no
Wed Jun 11 06:51:35 UTC 2008

On 2008-06-10, at 9:00 PM, Lars Rune Nøstdal wrote:

> Ok. Yeah, maybe a Comet module for HT would be of interest. I really
> hate promising things, but I might give it a try; I mean, attempt
> make it modularized and not hardwired into SymbolicWeb .... x)

It's interesting to read about your efforts as we discussed Comet
as a way to implement real time streaming to our Ajaxy mobile
application yesterday.  In fact I started writing a Comet module
for it almost a year ago (only a naive test), but the interest
vaned as the only mobile device that worked with it was the
iPhone.

But I was just thinking of looking at it again as the situation
on the client side may have improved since then.  And, of course,
the iPhone is finally coming to Norway.

Anyway, my point is that since there are two developers in Norway
that have interest in Hunchentoot/Comet, there has to be hundreds
if not thousands! worldwide. :-)

--
Bjørn Nordbø