[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot and virtual hosts.

Nicolas Lamirault nlamirault at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:19:58 UTC 2008

> Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:21:13 +0100, Nicolas Lamirault <nlamirault at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i modify the Apache configuration file :
>>>
>>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>>  	ServerName www.myfoo.org
>>>  	LispServer 127.0.0.1 9090 "ProdFoo"
>>>  	SetHandler lisp-handler
>>>  </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> but if i try www.myfoo.org i've got an error 500
>>
>> A 500 error is usually a sign that mod_lisp couldn't connect to the
>> Lisp process.  Did you try a full restart of Apache (shut down, then
>> start up again)?  Sometimes mod_lisp leaves "old" sockets open if you
>> only do a "graceful" restart.

ok

>> Is your Lisp process really listening on 9090?  Have you confirmed
>> that your web application works correctly if you connect to it
>> directly, i.e. if you start it without :MOD-LISP-P T?

yes.
My site works  fine with Hunchentoot without modlisp.  I would like to
make  differents virtuals instead  of differents  port (8888  for dev,
8989 for test and 9090 for prod).

>> I think the docs somewhere say that working with mod_lisp is more
>> inconvenient than working without it.  One of the reasons is that you
>> might have to restart Apache pretty often.  Another one is that
>> debugging is harder.  I would recommend to develop your app
>> "stand-alone" and only if it works switch it to mod_lisp.

i did that :)
i'm just trying to switch to hunchentoot+mod_lisp

i think the problems comes from Apache configuration.
I start my web site in 'prod environment.

- without mod_lisp it works fine :

http://localhost:9090/index -> Http code 200, and home page correct

- with mod_lisp doesn't work
The Apache configuration :

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName dev.foo.org
        ServerAdmin webmaster-dev at foo.org
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/dev.foo.org-error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/dev.foo.org-access_log common
        LispServer 127.0.0.1 8888 "DevOvorost"
        SetHandler lisp-handler
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName test.foo.org
        ServerAdmin webmaster-test at foo.org
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/test.foo.org-error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/test.foo.org-access_log common
        LispServer 127.0.0.1 8989 "TestOvorost"
        SetHandler lisp-handler
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName www.foo.org
        ServerAdmin webmaster at foo.org
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/foo.org-error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/foo.org-access_log common
        LispServer 127.0.0.1 9090 "ProdOvorost"
        SetHandler lisp-handler
</VirtualHost>

http://www.foo.org/index