[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot and virtual hosts.

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Jan 8 19:59:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:21:13 +0100, Nicolas Lamirault <nlamirault at gmail.com> wrote:

> i modify the Apache configuration file :
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>  	ServerName www.myfoo.org
>  	LispServer 127.0.0.1 9090 "ProdFoo"
>  	SetHandler lisp-handler
>  </VirtualHost>
>
> but if i try www.myfoo.org i've got an error 500

A 500 error is usually a sign that mod_lisp couldn't connect to the
Lisp process.  Did you try a full restart of Apache (shut down, then
start up again)?  Sometimes mod_lisp leaves "old" sockets open if you
only do a "graceful" restart.

Is your Lisp process really listening on 9090?  Have you confirmed
that your web application works correctly if you connect to it
directly, i.e. if you start it without :MOD-LISP-P T?

I think the docs somewhere say that working with mod_lisp is more
inconvenient than working without it.  One of the reasons is that you
might have to restart Apache pretty often.  Another one is that
debugging is harder.  I would recommend to develop your app
"stand-alone" and only if it works switch it to mod_lisp.

Edi.