[hunchentoot-devel] Re: Boolean Form Fields

Volkan YAZICI yazicivo at ttnet.net.tr
Sat Apr 28 12:08:20 UTC 2007

Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo at ttnet.net.tr> writes:
> Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:
>> Which browser sends requests that look like "foo.html?foo="?
>
> Consider I want to redirect client to auth.html with auth-res boolean
> parameter turned on. What should I pass as the URI? If I use
> "?auth-res=NIL" or "?auth-res=0", both of them returns T, because
> neither "NIL", nor "0" is NIL. Hence, I prefer to use "?auth-res=" But
> in this case, I cannot know if the boolean parameter is supplied and
> it's value is NIL, or the parameter isn't even supplied. (Because, in
> both situations it returns NIL.)

Sorry, above assertion is mistaken. Hunchentoot returns T for boolean
in all cases whenever auth-res exists in the GET parameters
list. Therefore, it's not possible to make a distinction between a NIL
(which means false) boolean parameter that is supplied and a parameter
that isn't even supplied. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Regards.