[tbnl-devel] tbnl/mod_lisp memory leak ?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue May 30 17:56:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:37:53 +0530, quasi <quasilists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using tbnl 0.9.10 and sbcl 0.9.11.  I have some functions which
> generate HTML content using cl-who etc.  I have run then through
> heavy testing and they work fine in the REPL (no memory leakage).
>
> As soon as I am calling them via tbnl/mod_lisp the lisp memory usage
> jumps tremendously.  I ran the ab2 benchmark (100 requests with
> concurrency 1) and the memory usage went from 50Mb to 300Mb+.  It
> then starts swapping.
>
> Is this a known problem or am I doing something terribly wrong ?

I'm not aware of any memory leaks in TBNL and it's hard to say if
you're doing something wrong without seeing your functions.  As a
simple test I'd suggest running the same example with another Lisp
that is known to work with TBNL, like CMUCL.  What you're seeing
/might/ be related to SBCL's threading implementation.  I don't know,
I usually don't use SBCL.

Good luck,
Edi.