[tbnl-devel] tbnl configuration

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Feb 10 13:02:13 UTC 2006

[Please use the mailing list.]

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:31:27 -0800, CyBerHigh <cyberhigh at gurusnetwork.org> wrote:

> Sorry I ment Apache 13 with mod_lisp.

There is no Apache 13.  You probably mean 1.3.

> I am on Freebsd 5.4 with SBCL .0.9.9

OK, then you don't have threads.  That explains your problems.

> My handler looks like this
> LispServer 127.0.0.1 3000 "tbnl"
> AddHandler lisp-handler .lisp
> <Location /tbnl>
> SetHandler lisp-handler
> </Location>

That's not the kind of handler I was talking about.  I meant your Lisp
handlers.

  <http://weitz.de/tbnl/#handlers>

> Now, adding the .lisp part helped out, I can now get it to error out
> saying something isn't configured write, when I try to go to a .lisp
> file.  I tryed to put a simple (format t "hello, world") into the
> file but it gave me the same thing.

Where do you expect the output of FORMAT to go?

> I can't tell where it is erroring out at, because it doesn't put it
> into the error log nor does it print it to the screen.

What do you see in Apache's access log?

> Any idea as to how I can get it printed out?

Get what printed out?  You can use LOG-MESSAGE to write to the error
log.

> It is possible that the slowness I was experincing could have been
> from it being misconfigured.

I think it's because you don't have threads.  On FreeBSD use CMUCL.

Cheers,
Edi.