[tbnl-devel] Firefox

Anthony F eatme444 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:08:09 UTC 2005

Perhaps "Leak" was too strong a word.  I'm not sure exactly what is going on
yet, but here are the symptoms:

I start Apache, then TBNL.  I hit the test page with Firefox.  While
watching the Process tab in Task Manager I follow a link.  Memory usage on
the LispWorks process jumps anywhere from 2 to 5 megs.  Following any other
links within the test app or refreshing the page causes the same until I hit
LispWorks Personal's heap size limit and it dies.

I have yet to check if restarting Apache fixes the problem, but I will
report on that later.  HOWEVER, I notice that even with IE a very small
amount of memory seems to be leaking?  If you hit the Test app from IE,
follow a link and/or repeatedly refresh I notice memory usage on the
LispWorks process creep upwards ever so slowly.

Having said this, I have not actually done any real investigating yet (like
I said, I'm a total newb)... so this may or may not be a result of expected
behavior.

On a seperate note:  I don't really want to start a mod_lisp vs. other
options war, but is anyone using a Lisp server (AllegroServer, TBNL's
server, etc) back end in a production environment?  I was wondering about
performance, security, other issues, etc.  Personally, I feel "safer" using
Apache as it's battle hardened and fairly ubiquitous, but maybe those
feelings are unfounded?  Any comments?

Thanks!

Anthony