[tbnl-devel] New macro: create-groups-bind-regex-dispatcher

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Mon Sep 5 11:43:53 UTC 2005

[ Sorry, I can't seem to hit the reply-to-all button -- maybe
senility setting in or the new icons on Mail.app don't work for me ]

On Sep 5, 2005, at 5:25 AM, Alceste Scalas wrote:

> Il giorno gio, 01/09/2005 alle 10.20 +0200, Edi Weitz ha scritto:
>

>> So, to you and Alceste and whoever else wants to
>> contribute I propose the following: Send me a tarball containing your
>> contribution.  All the stuff should be in one directory (pick a name
>> you like) and should probably include a README file and some docs as
>> you see fit.  Don't forget to add suitable copyright notes and
>> licenses for the lawyers.
>>
>> I'll add these directories to a 'contrib' directory and make a new
>> TBNL release.
>>
>> Is that OK for you?
>>

> It's fine for me (private email follows).
>
> As a side question: how are developers expected to use the contrib
> stuff?  Should they cut'n'paste the source code, or is it going to be
> exported some way via asdf?  (e.g. with a tbnl-contrib package, or
> something like that).
>
> (I hope it's not a silly question, please bear with the newbie :-)

Hadn't thought of that. In some cases cut'n'paste might be
appropriate. In my case, I use ASDF routinely for everything I do (it
is so easy and the payoff is so big). Including one of the contrib
files in my project ASDF is no big deal. So I don't think smaller
contributions are an issue. If the contribution is multi-file then
maybe it should come with an ASDF definition of its own? If it has
its own dependencies then it should come with its own ASDF file.

While on this theme, what about PACKAGE? It could come with its own
package or maybe, Edi, you could provide something like a TBNL-
CONTRIBUTIONS package? Sometimes it is going to have to be in a TBNL
package I suppose. I don't know.

Cheers,
Bob