[tbnl-devel] New macro: create-groups-bind-regex-dispatcher

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Thu Sep 1 03:36:25 UTC 2005

[Sorry Edi, you're getting this at least twice. ]

On Aug 29, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:11:41 +0200, Alceste Scalas
> <alceste.scalas at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>> first of all, congratulations for TBNL :-)
>>

> Thanks... :)
>

>> Here's a small macro (with a big ugly name) for TBNL, that allows to
>> bind portions of a request URI to arguments passed to dispatch
>> functions. (see attachment)
>>

> The macro is fine and I have in fact used something similar myself in
> applications I wrote.  I'm a bit hesitant to add it to TBNL, though,
> as I'm not sure if this functionality belongs there.  My gut feeling
> is that macros like yours are one level of abstraction above TBNL and
> should be in a separate library.
>
> What do others think about this?

Interesting question. This macro, likely, and the directory file
stuff I posted a few weeks ago are both arguably a little higher
level than TBNL. On the other hand, these (certainly the directory
serving stuff) are not really useful outside of TBNL. Maybe a
contributions directory? If this stuff isn't kept with TBNL I don't
know how anyone is going to find it.

Cheers,
Bob