[tbnl-devel] installing mod_lisp2 + tbnl on mepis(debian)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 19 07:16:24 UTC 2005

This is actually not the right mailing list for Apache or Debian
problems but here are some hints:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:16:55 -0500, Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi (Again), i have just installed CMUCL + Slime on mepis (heavily
> based on debian).. i just found out that i have no idea how to install
> mod_lisp2, i know i have apache2 working, since if i go to
> http://localhost/, the default page will show up.. but i can't seem to
> find the httpd.conf anywhere, only the apache 1.3 httpd.conf can be
> found. I only found httpd.conf in /etc/apache2/ that says the
> following:
> # This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
> #  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
> #  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
> #
> #LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

So, it says this is the place to install 3rd party modules directly
via apxs2.  Looks like you've found the place.

> prob the right place is in the new apache2.conf?? though i can't
> find a place to add modules as directed on the offical install
> guide..
>
> then there is apxs -i -c mod_lisp-2.35.c not working.. it says bash
> cannot find the command.. i have no idea what's wrong :|

See above - it says apxs2, not apxs.

> oh yah, one more thing, where do you put the website files? i can't
> find htdocs folder..

Debian has a per-site organization in /etc/apache2.  Look for folders
called sites-available and sites-enabled or somesuch.  There you can
specify your document roots.

Cheers,
Edi.