[tbnl-devel] Re: New version 0.4.0

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Mar 15 15:17:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:58:45 -0500, Bob Hutchison <hutch at recursive.ca> wrote:

> If I start it the way you document the startup of LW fails because
> multiprocessing isn't running yet. So I've got to run start later.

I've got

  (mp:initialize-multiprocessing)

at the end of my ~/.lispworks file.  But I don't understand how
something I describe in the TBNL docs can cause LW startup to fail.  I
was assuming that you've already started your Lisp before you load
Araneida and TBNL.  What exactly do you mean?

> The other thing that I wanted to be able to do is add handlers
> without restarting LW, that takes a long time in my configuration (a
> couple of minutes).

You should be able to add/remove handlers just by modifying
*DISPATCH-TABLE*, no need to stop or restart anything.

Cheers,
Edi.