[tbnl-devel] file upload from windows, pathname?

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:04:10 UTC 2005

Folks (or, anyway, Edi)--

When I upload a file, I get a structure something like:

 ("file" #P"/tmp/tbnl/tbnl-10" "Water Lillies.jpg" "image/jpeg")

which is just fine.  Documented, after all.  And this works using
firefox on both linux and windows.

BUT, when I use IE on windows (where else), I get:

("file" #P"/tmp/tbnl/tbnl-10" "C:\\\\Documents and Settings\\\\All
Users\\\\Documents\\\\Sample Pictures\\\Water lilies.jpg"
"image/pjpeg")

As you can imagine, this causes a slight bit of weirdness when I try
to move the file from /tmp to my asset store.  Amazingly, the pictures
is copied.  The name is a bit long.  But in IE, at least, I can't
"view" the picture as it translates to images/C:/Documents....

FWIW: images are served by apache, not TBNL.

Easily fixable?  Or should I just try for a regex to remove everything
up to the last \ or /?

--K {}

ps. Interestingly, firefox on windows properly escapes the slashes so
the image does get rendered.