[tbnl-devel] sbcl and file upload

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:28:30 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:06:43 -0700, Keith Irwin <keith.irwin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW, does CMUCL suffer from this same problem?
>
> Nope, because in CMUCL all characters are 8-bit.

Have you seen the following?

http://www.atzmueller.net/html/html-docs/net-sbcl-sockets.html

Mentions bivalent streams.  I wonder if it's still workable.  Anyway,
CMUCL works, so I guess I'll stick with that for my little prototype
project.

I can't see how to make SBCL work for this stuff.

 * If I set KMRs sockets.lisp sbcl stuff to use :external-format
:latin-1, I don't get an error, but the uploaded files are corrupted.

* If I set KRMs sbcl socket stream stuff to :element-type
'(unsigned-byte 8), I'll have to rewrite a lot of request.lisp, I'm
thinking, and other stuff, to convert to and from strings at need.  In
other words, read everything as raw bytes, convert to string at each
step, except, say, when serving up or decoding image data.

Just guesses, though.

--K {}