[slime-devel] Re: Darcs [was: Fix utf-8 net-encoding for Allegro]

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Tue Oct 18 13:00:49 UTC 2005

Il 2005-10-11, Luke Gorrie <luke at synap.se> ha scritto:
> I'm also frustrated with CVS and fond of Darcs but I do think it pays
> to be conservative with revision control. How about if some Darcs fan
> creates a Darcs mirror of SLIME CVS (e.g. on common-lisp.net) and we
> see how many people use it and how they like it.

There is already a slime repository on alioth:
http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/pvaneynd/slime/
and
http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/pvaneynd/slime-upstream/

it is used to coordinate the debian packaging.

So far darcs has been quite easy to use, with 2 reservations:
- large changes sometimes make it loop. So sbcl for example is not
  imported into a sbcl-upstream darcs and then pulled into the sbcl debian
  package like one should do. Instead both are also CVS repositories and
  we update in place and record that as the 'new version'.

- sometimes I would pull a tagged version and some files are not there.
  I need to investigate this further as I think I misunderstood how to
  pull a certain tagged version of the tree.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pvaneynd/