[slime-devel] Re: Darcs [was: Fix utf-8 net-encoding for Allegro]

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Tue Oct 11 12:16:01 UTC 2005

Luke Gorrie <luke at synap.se> writes:

> I'm also frustrated with CVS and fond of Darcs but I do think it pays
> to be conservative with revision control. How about if some Darcs fan
> creates a Darcs mirror of SLIME CVS (e.g. on common-lisp.net) and we
> see how many people use it and how they like it.

How about Subversion ?
It's basically CVS done right so switching to it is a no brainer IMO.

Or better a Subversion + Darcs instead of a CVS + Darcs.
There is a multi tool converter here
http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

Anyway both Darcs and Subversion are better than CVS
A (maybe biaised ;-) comparison is here:
http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DifferencesFromSubversion

Marc