[slime-devel] Re: Improvement request to M-.

Chris Capel pdf23ds at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 02:05:08 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller wrote:

> Chris Capel <pdf23ds at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I noticed that it doesn't handle class names. Would it be possible to
>> have it find the definition for a class if it doesn't find another
>> meaning of the word? It also seems to skip over defparameters.
>
> This requires support from your Lisp implementation.  SBCL doesn't
> have it.

That's boggles me, as the inspector is able to find classes from their name.
I suppose, though, that it can't find the source forms, so that really
doesn't mean much of anything. Hmm.

I'm scared of compilers, but -- maybe -- with your patches as an example I
could rouse up the courage to look at SBCL.

Chris Capel