[slime-devel] problem with C-m-x, eval-region and a host of other functions.

Sundar Narasimhan sundar at itasoftware.com
Fri Nov 26 06:17:29 UTC 2004

Hi, All: I updated my copy of slime to the dev-head (perhaps this is an
unwise thing to do :),
and notice that on fedora core 2 with cmucl, a lot of basic commands
such as eval-defun,
eval-region etc. have stopped working.

In the inferior lisp window, when the connection is lost, I see
printouts of the form:
;; Connection to Emacs lost.
;; [
Error in function LISP::ASSERT-ERROR:  Short read: length=798  pos=506]

My cursory examination of the relevant code has me confused.. since I can't
quite see (yet) how this could happen. Is there a way I can debug this
or provide
you all more info? (perhaps tracing with-transcript or dispatch functions?)

Thanks,
-Sundar