[slime-devel] Re: sbcl regression with slime

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 20 10:48:42 UTC 2004

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Thank you.  What Lisp support do you need to support other external
> formats?  A lisp-side understanding of the emacs multibyte system?

Basically yes.  The front end only deals with character streams and
char <-> code conversion is no longer used.  The implementation
dependent socket stream does all the encoding.  We could probably also
write our own stream classes, but I think it's easier to use the
available support from the implementation.

> If so, where is emacs-mule-unix documented?

I don't know.  Maybe it's only documented in comments at the beginning
of the source file[*].

But I don't know if it worth to spend time on other encodings.

Helmut.

[*] http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/src/coding.c?rev=1.307&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup