[slime-devel] Re: Several questions about typeout frames

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Tue Nov 9 17:06:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:18:00 +1100, Alain.Picard wrote:

> R. Mattes writes:
>  > Hello list,
>  >
>  > i have some questions about slime's typeout frames. First, is there
>  > a way to configure the appearance of the typeout frames short of editing
>  > 'slime.el'? I'd like to customize the background color as well as disable
>  > the statusbar. Maybe there's a chance to defcustom
>  >  slime-typeout-frame-properties instead of devar-ing it?
>
> I use something like this:
>
> (setq slime-typeout-frame-properties
>       '((width . 40)
> 	(height . 10)
> 	(minibuffer . nil)
> 	(menu-bar-lines . nil)
> 	(name . "SLIME Typeout")
> 	(background-color . "midnightblue")
> 	(auto-raise . t)
> 	(top . 0)
> 	(right . 0)
> 	(border-color . "white")
> 	))

That's what i currently try to do as well, but somehow the
background color doesn't get set (or some other part of slime
overwrites it ...). I can manually set the background color without
any problems.
Also, i couldn't find a way to get rid of the modeline. I tried
to add '(has-modeline-p . nil) to slime-typeout-frame-properties but
that doesn't seem to work (i'm using CVS Emacs).

Any ideas?

 TIA RalfD