[slime-devel] reader conditional fontification?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 9 11:02:58 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> Looking through the manual I see that SLIME is supposed to "gray out"
> code that will be omitted based on the current connection. However
> opening a file with a bunch of readtime conditionals I don't see any
> code grayed out. Any ideas how I might have dorked this up?

Does it still not work for you? It seems to work at least partially
for Edi.

"gray" means the color of whatever your font-lock-comment-face has.
Also, this feature works currently not for XEmacs (patches welcome).
If slime-search-suppressed-forms fails to parse something it will
just stop and the source will be fontified as usual.  It's supposed
not to return false positives.  If want to debug this, remove the
ignore-errors form in slime-search-suppressed-forms.

Helmut.