[slime-devel] slime-update-indentation

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 1 17:27:21 UTC 2004

Lynn Quam <quam at ai.sri.com> writes:

> Is there any way to cause slime-update-indentation to be
> invoked in a more automatic fashion?  It should at least
> be in one of the EMACS menus.

The indentation for macros in the buffer package is updated on each
request, but beyond that there's no automatic support.  I added a menu
item.

You could probably run it from a timer every minute or so.  Or, if you
are using an open source lisp, add a hook to (setf (macro-function
...) ) which calls swank::update-indentation-information.

I think the argument indentation for a macro changes so rarely that
it is not worth implementing some automatic solution.

Helmut.