[slime-devel] detachtty + slime

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 20 06:16:40 UTC 2004

David Steuber <david at david-steuber.com> writes:

> Is there a way around this one connection limitation?  So far, the
> only thing that worked for me was to run attachtty to get into my app
> and re-run (swank:create-server 4005) as you said.  I don't know how
> to put this in a shell script which would make it a little better.
>
> It would be very nice to be able to reuse the server connection.  How
> hard would this be?  What are the security implications of doing this?
> It seems that another user on the system can connect to a swank
> server.

Perhaps you haven't received or read my previous message in this
thread.  I already mentioned that the DONT-CLOSE argument to
SWANK:CREATE-SWANK-SERVER can be used to keep the socket open.
See also <http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/040304.html>

The security implication is, that everybody who is able to connect to
the swank socket can execute arbitrary in your Lisp.

Helmut.