[regex-coach] Feature request: turn off real time option

David Evans david.evans at formscape.com
Thu Mar 16 14:08:49 UTC 2006

This is the best tool for building RegEx's I've found!  Thanks, Edi!

I use it to test expressions that search OCR text for multiple-date formats
and invoice information.  Sometimes I have long expressions and large target
strings.  When this happens, I would really like to be able to turn off the
real time testing because my machine takes a while to process each keystroke
- it would be cool to turn this feature off or only search when the text has
not changed for >0.7 seconds (configurable?) or maybe on a key-combination.

I would also like Regex Coach to fix all my OCR errors, make my tea and
remind me about my wife's birthday.. ;-)

Great product!
--Dave