built RDNZL.dll for 64-bit, current state of RDNZL repository and mailing lists

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Sat Oct 24 17:14:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm new to RDNZL and .NET, but was recently requested by a customer to see
about getting RDNZL up and running for 64-bit Allegro.

So I went ahead and built the 0.7.1 version of the .cpp code for 32-bit and
64-bit, using VS 2015 Community Edition.

Here are links to the resulting dll's (I'll try to leave these here at
least until the updated dll's can be verified and included with the
official distribution):

32-bit:

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/je22blv3nffp9t8/RDNZL.dll?dl=0

64-bit:

  https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp8xowrpefmbt8g/RDNZL.dll?dl=0

I'm also not familiar enough with .NET and RDNZL to do any testing of the
above, beyond confirming that they indeed load without errors into 32-bit
and 64-bit Allegro CL, respectively. So if there are any active RDNZL users
on this list who can test with 64-bit Allegro (or other supported CL's)
then I'll be interested in your feedback!

It looks like RDNZL has been "stable" (aka not very active) for some time
now. What is the current status? Where is the canonical repository
currently? Would it be possible to get it moved to gitlab.common-lisp.net (
gitlab.common-lisp.net is being managed and funded by the Common Lisp
Foundation these days, and I'm gently promoting gitlab.common-lisp.net for
any open-source CL libraries which are willing & able to move there, so
that the CL community can be somewhat in control of our own destiny).

I also had to do a bit of poking around to find the sign-up page for this
mailing list --- the mailing list links at http://weitz.de/rdnzl have an
outdated syntax. They currently point to

   common-lisp.net/mailmain/listinfo/rdnzl-devel  and
   common-lisp.net/mailmain/listinfo/rdnzl-announce

and the correct format is:

    mailman.common-lisp.net/listinfo/rdnzl-devel and
    mailman.common-lisp.net/listinfo/rdnzl-announce

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper
genworks.com, gendl.org