[rdnzl-devel] .NET error : Ambiguous match found.

Iver Odin Kvello iverodin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:08:18 UTC 2008

>  I can't see any other definition of Controls. So I really can't see
>  where the ambiguity would come from.

There is something weird going on here, if you do this:

(pprint (mapcar (lambda (x) (invoke x "ToString"))
				 (rdnzl-array-to-list (invoke (invoke tlp "GetType") "GetProperties"))))

the first entries are

"System.Windows.Forms.TableLayoutControlCollection Controls"
"ControlCollection Controls"

so there is actually an ambiguity here, where the first property is
the one documented. I don't understand what the second one is. Of
course, these two properties are only differentiated by their
return-value which I didn't think was actually possible. And look at
this:

RDNZL-USER(202): (invoke tlp "get_Controls")
#<RDNZL::CONTAINER System.Windows.Forms.TableLayoutControlCollection #x5f2ca208>

That's the expected result, and there are actually two
get_Controls-method as well, so that shouldn't really have worked
either.