[rdnzl-devel] .NET error : Ambiguous match found.

Matthew O'Connor matthew.oconnor at calyptech.com
Thu Apr 3 00:18:52 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I am getting a .NET error whilst simply trying to get access to the
Controls property of a TableLayoutPanel in System.Windows.Forms.

I have included a little test application below which demonstrates the
issue.

I am using Lispworks 5.0 and RDNZL 0.12.0. I am running Visual Studio
2008 so I think I've got version 3.5 of .NET.

I've tried to have a look at it but don't understand enough about the
ffi to come up with a possible cause. I did look at the
System.Windows.Form assembly through the Visual Studio object viewer and
I can't see any other definition of Controls. So I really can't see
where the ambiguity would come from.

Regards,

Matthew

;; Bug
;; .NET error (System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException): Ambiguous
match found.

;; NOTE - Make this point to your RDNZL implementation.
(load "../RDNZL/rdnzl-0.12.0/load.lisp")

(rdnzl:enable-rdnzl-syntax)

(rdnzl:import-types "System.Windows.Forms" "TableLayoutPanel")
(rdnzl:use-namespace "System.Windows.Forms")

(setf tlp (rdnzl:new "TableLayoutPanel"))
(rdnzl:property tlp "Controls")