[postmodern-devel] MD5 auth scheme broken?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Dec 6 19:42:38 UTC 2012

Hi there,

(I'm new to CL & postmodern, so forgive me in advance.)

I tried to use postmodern, but I kept getting:
     password authentication failed for user "foobar"

as error, and I do know that my credentials are ok.

Specifying the password as nil in `connect' made me discover that MD5
was used to authenticate. Then, changing 'md5' to 'password' in
pg_hba.conf allowed me to connect using postmodern!

It seems that the MD5 auth scheme is broken somehow in postmodern, or
that I miss something. I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2 FWIW.

Hint?

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker & freelance