[postmodern-devel] is postmodern thread safe

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:44:45 UTC 2007

Hold it! The competition is advertising on *my* list now? Hah, never
mind, CL-RDBMS is a nice system, but to answer your question about
Postmodern: Yes, it is thread-safe, as long as you do not have two
threads use the same connection object at the same time. Using
WITH-CONNECTION, it is easy to give each thread its own connection.
The only part of the library that uses global mutable state is the
connection pool, and I used bordeaux-threads' mutexes to prevent
problems there.

Cheers,
Marijn