[postmodern-devel] Warnings from bordeaux-threads

Jens Teich info at jensteich.de
Sat Nov 17 18:10:43 UTC 2007

I have a problem with warnings from bordeaux-threads. These
warnings are no problem when I load manually on Lispworks and SBCL.

But when I try to deliver a stand-alone application on Lispworks
the delivery process stops at these warnings. I reported the problem
to bordeaux-threads mailinglist. They are as follows:

| Warning: (METHOD
|           MAKE-THREAD
|           (T)) being redefined in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\lispworks.lisp (previously in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\bordeaux-threads.lisp).
| Warning: (METHOD
|           MAKE-LOCK
|           NIL) being redefined in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\lispworks.lisp (previously in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\bordeaux-threads.lisp).
| Warning: (DEFMACRO WITH-LOCK-HELD) being redefined in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\lispworks.lisp (previously in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\bordeaux-threads.lisp).
| Warning: (METHOD
|           THREAD-YIELD
|           NIL) being redefined in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\lispworks.lisp (previously in d:\Projekte\Lisp\bordeaux-
| threads\src\bordeaux-threads.lisp).

Is there a way for postmodern to load without bordeux-threads? I think
on Lispworks I don't need this.

I tried the following (changed t and nil)

| ;; Change this to manually turn threading support on or off.
| (defparameter *threads* #+(or allegro armedbear cmu corman (and digitool ccl-5.1)
|                               ecl lispworks openmcl sbcl) nil
|                        #-(or allegro armedbear cmu corman (and digitool ccl-5.1)
|                              ecl lispworks openmcl sbcl) t)

but there is some resistance:

| Error: Package BORDEAUX-THREADS not found.
|    1 Get another package name.

Jens