[pg-devel] Move pg repos to darcs?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 15:07:44 UTC 2006

>   tc> http://darcs.tcross.org/pg/
>   tc>
>   tc> Eric - you are more than welcome to use this as a base for moving
>   tc> the pg project on cl.net to darcs from CVS.  I believe this would
>   tc> enable and encourage more contributions to the project, as it would
>   tc> become easier to track the latest version and integrate one's own
>   tc> changes.
>
>   I'm surprised that with such a small code base the use of CVS is
>   really an obstacle to contributors. Unless multiple contributors ask

well, it's not an obstacle, it's the other way around: it's much more
convenient to use darcs then cvs.

>   for this, my current inclination is to be conservative and not
>   move the repository.

there are only two of us for now and while darcs is much more
convenient i don't think that using cvs is a showstopper. but there's
some problem/wierdness with the pg cvs repo, though. (which is not
really a problem as long as it only surfaces while you try to convert
the repo with tailor)

anyway, i just wanted to let you know that there's a +1 here, and
thanks for committing the :encoding changes,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)