[movitz-devel] Re: bochs and enter key

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld frodef at cs.uit.no
Mon May 15 15:04:43 UTC 2006

Hi Burton, I hope you'll enjoy some Movitz hacking!

Burton Samograd <kruhft at gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe?  I just used to the configuration file that came with the cvs
> sources and there's nothing about the keymap in there.  I'll check
> the bochs site for an answer, it just seems that this problem has
> cropped up before and there was an easy solution.

I found the irc logs you referred to earlier, but I don't really
remember what the web-page info was. However, probably it was this: If
you look in the file losp/los0.lisp (the file that by default is the
first file to get loaded and run at bootup), in the function
"genesis", theres a line that is commented out like this:

  ;; (muerte.toplevel:invoke-toplevel-command :mapkey #\newline)

(This is equivalent to entering ":mapkey #\newline" at the REPL, but
the problem obviously is that without enter you cannot even do this.)

If you remove the semi-colons, recompile the genesis function, dump
the image and boot it, you should be prompted for a keypress that will
from then on be interpreted as #\newline. This is a quick and dirty
solution to your problem.

The real problem is I suppose that the keyboard driver is rather
primitive and doesn't really take into account the variants of
keyboard hardware as it should.

BTW: There is a keyboard issue with qemu also, I have to start it with
"-k en-us" for it to work properly.

Regards,
--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld