[movitz-devel] Re: HD driver

Peter Minten peter.minten at wanadoo.nl
Thu Apr 22 17:22:49 UTC 2004

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld wrote:

> Maybe it's possible to poll the drive's BSY register, so that the
> driver is truly synchronized with the drive?

I'm currently doing busy waiting on BSY. But the problem is determining whether
a zero means ready, or not yet set.

> Any success with reading or writing yet?

Well, in theory my current code should work. In practice I have to fix fairly
trivial bugs first, which is time consuming given the lack of incremental
compilation of the image and the long compile time (~10 minutes on my 1GHz box).

Would it be possible to dump state at some point in compilation and start a new
compilation from there instead of restarting from scratch? Even if that
generates multi-meg images it would be a huge improvement in efficiency of
compilation.

Greetings,

Peter