[movitz-devel] Re: HD driver

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Thu Apr 22 14:40:16 UTC 2004

peter.minten at wanadoo.nl writes:

> This is what the spec says:
>
> Upon receipt of a Class 1 command, the drive sets BSY within 400 nsec.
>
> But if it's only 400 cycles then it's likely enough that BSY is not
> read before it gets set (and possibly reset) in all cases (at least
> for testing). So I'll remove the loop.

Maybe it's possible to poll the drive's BSY register, so that the
driver is truly synchronized with the drive?

Anyway, I should probably construct some mechanism for small,
calibrated delays such as this. But for now, I think to do nothing, or
something simple like (dotimes (i 500)) will be good enough.

Any success with reading or writing yet?

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld