[mcclim-devel] Missing realizer in call to MAKE-PANE-1

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Thu Dec 22 12:03:45 UTC 2005

> Our behavior is within the bounds of the spec:
>
> http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clim-spec/29-2.html#_6495
> http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clim-spec/29-2.html#_6487
>
> However, perhaps we should emulate the lispworks behavior of not
> requiring the user to explicitly bind the realizer.
>
> Christophe's bugs are unrelated (one involves failure to embed nested
> gadgets due to a problem in the order w-o-a-g initializes things, the
> other I never tracked down).

Hmm, well you've got me there (sort of). I'm pretty sure that as I reduced
code from the real program that first showed that problem to the minimal
code in my email I did have with-look-and-feel-realization in play with
no apparent difference. I probably had some cockpit trouble at that point.

Still no cigar though. Now I get a display visible, but no gadget.

So, back to the debugging pit. Stay tuned.

Paul