[iterate-devel] Accessing the result in finally clauses

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:16:31 UTC 2006

> Attila Lendvai wrote:
> >Namely baing able to reference the loop result in finally
> >clauses as "it".
> Please try out iterate::*result-var* and report results.

It most probably works, but IMHO it's not nice.

> Couldn't you use named variables?

That's how I do it currently. But I think it's more verbose then
needed (I have many collect clauses in the loop).

> >Any toughts?
> You should try to stay away from the anaphoric variable IT in LOOP. It's confusing (working in this clause, not working in that other one).

I tought of that and that's exactly why I suggested to limit it to the
finally caluses, where it's intuitive what "it" refers to.

- attila