[gsharp-devel] changing VCS to git

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Mon Feb 15 20:24:58 UTC 2010

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cantab.net> writes:

>> Absent any objections, I'll aim to make that change in the first week of
>> February.
>
> I've made a trial conversion of the history.  It is available with
>   git clone http://rvw.doc.gold.ac.uk/sullivan/git/gsharp.git
> and there is a web interface at
>   http://rvw.doc.gold.ac.uk/sullivan/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gsharp.git

I have now installed the above converted tree in common-lisp.net.  You
can browse it at
  <http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=projects/gsharp/gsharp.git>
and clone it with
  git clone git://common-lisp.net/projects/gsharp/gsharp.git
or
  git clone http://common-lisp.net/r/projects/gsharp/gsharp.git

Committers (members of the gsharp Unix group on common-lisp.net) /should/
be able to push to it, with
  git push ssh://common-lisp.net/var/git/projects/gsharp/gsharp.git
or
  git push <userid>@common-lisp.net:/projects/gsharp/git/gsharp.git
and if a commit is pushed, the gsharp-cvs mailing list should (famous
last words) receive an e-mail, much as previously with cvs commitmail.

Until we've confirmed that the functionality basically works, I won't
consider this conversion done; when it is, I'll update the gsharp
website.  (In other words: there's still time to stop this, if someone
feels desperately unhappy.  There will probably be a certain amount of
friction also while people work out how best to interact with the new
system; I'll try to be responsive to questions, not that I am the
world's supreme git expert...)

Best,

Christophe