[erlisp-devel] Re: Erlisp progress?

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Tue Aug 23 02:10:40 UTC 2005

Eric Lavigne wrote:
>> "Termite links are unidirectional but Erlang links are
>> bidirectional.
>
> Unidirectional and bidirectional are equally easy to implement, and
> unidirectional are more flexible (bidirectional is just a one-line
> function away), so I'm inclined to follow the Termite example here.

Well atomically creating the two unidirectional links for the
bidirectional case doesn't seem completely trivial to me.

I agree about doing things the Termite way though.

> Does Erlisp have process dictionaries or some way that I could store
> information on a per-process basis?

Processes are instances of (a subclass of) the PROCESS class.  You can
just give the PROCESS class extra slots.

> There must be something, since each process has its own mailbox, but
> I haven't figured out how this is done.

That would be the MAILBOX slot.

- Dirk