[elephant-devel] Bug fixes for elephant-unstable

Christoph Ludwig ludwig at fh-worms.de
Fri Nov 21 22:22:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 02:14:22PM -0500, Ian Eslick wrote:
> I think my prior e-mail on this topic failed to make it to the list...
>
> I checked in some patches this week to elephant-unstable:
> - Fixed (get-universal-time) issue reported earlier caused by error in
> bignum comparisons under BDB
> - Fixed test failures under BDB/Linux/SBCL - all green for me now.
> - Fixed some indexing and mapping bugs
>
> Associations still have some problems.  I may have screwed up Leslie's
> new deadlock handling code - Leslie, could you check this out?

Do you mean association problems as in missing features or as in buggy
behaviour? We use associations in our project and, in general, things work
fine and, after we fixed our algorithms, reasonably fast.

However, we observed sporadic corruptions when we put a lot of objects into
the store. we could not trace the corruptions back to any particular elephant
feature yet; so if you already know a part of the code that is a likely source
of bugs, we'd appreciate if you let us know.

Regards

Christoph

--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation