[elephant-devel] Installing 0.9.1 on CMU: "libmemutil" problem

denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:52:57 UTC 2008

When I tried installing version 0.9.1 on CMU (version 19e), I got
everything in src/utils to build, but then I got an error related to
src/memutil as follows:

End-of-File on #<Stream for file
"/opt/downloads/berkeley-db/common-lisp/Elephant/elephant/my-config.sexp">
   [Condition of type END-OF-FILE]

Restarts:
  0: [RETRY   ] Retry performing #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL {58846D7D}> on
                #<ELEPHANT-SYSTEM:ELEPHANT-C-SOURCE "libmemutil"
{58834015}>.
  1: [ACCEPT  ] Continue, treating #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL {58846D7D}> on
                #<ELEPHANT-SYSTEM:ELEPHANT-C-SOURCE "libmemutil"
{58834015}> as
                having been successful.
  2: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of "install-steps.lisp".
  3: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(LISP::INPUT-CHARACTER
 #<Stream for file
"/opt/downloads/berkeley-db/common-lisp/Elephant/elephant/my-config.sexp">
 (LISP::*EOF*))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  target:code/fd-stream.lisp.
0]

The my-config.sexp file is the same the config.sexp file provided,
except I changed all the :berkeley-db references to BerkeleyDB.4.7,
which is the version of Berkeley I have installed.

I did see that CMU is marked in red as "untested recently" in the
platform list, so I was wondering if anyone had tried it with CMU, or
could suggest a work-around?