Eclispe website/documentation proposal.

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Sun Mar 2 07:54:01 UTC 2003

I thought I would start by learning how to make some themes and
customize bindings before I really dive into Eclipse hackery.  Except
for the man-page, there isn't much documentation, so I thought I'd write
a Themers Manual that describes how themes are organized in Eclipse and
how to make new ones (I'm currently porting AquaOS from sawfish).  Then
I thought I'd move on to a Users Manual that describes installation and
customization before finally doing a Programmers Manual which details
how Eclipse's internals are laid out and how to develop it using Emacs,
ILISP and perhaps other tools.

But then I thought, where do we put these manuals once I've written
them?  We need a website to put Eclipse stuff on.  What does the
community feel about <http://nittin.net/eclipse/>?

I'm writing Themers Manual right now.  I'm using plain LaTeX; does
anybody object to that?

Erik.