How to customize window resize and move functions.

Iban Hatchondo hatchond at labri.fr
Fri Feb 28 07:50:02 UTC 2003

Erik Enge wrote:
> Eclipse is growing on me.  I'm almost where I need to be to switch out
> sawfish for Eclipse and use it as my standard window manager.  I've been
> defining key-combos like this:
>
>   (define-key-combo :previous-workspace
>       :keys '(:p)
>       :modifiers '(:and :ALT-LEFT :CONTROL-LEFT)
>       :fun (action
>             (:press (change-vscreen (root-vscreens *root*) #'+))
>             ()))
>
> And putting it in my ~/.eclipse file.  Am I doing this the right way or
> is there a better way to do this?

It seems correct to me. The problem is that the man is out of date. But
if I remember correctly it is up to date concerning the keystrokes part.
I should do it, but I don't have a lot of extra time right now.

> This is what I now want to make happen: I want Eclipse to behave like
> sawfish does with regards to window move and resize functions.  To
> resize a window, I want to hold down the left ALT key and then press and
> hold the second mouse button (right mouse button) and at this point it
> should allow me to resize the window.
>
> To move a window, I want to press the left ALT key and press and hold
> the left (first) mouse button at which point it should allow me to move
> the window around with my mouse.
>
> Any idea on how to accomplish this?

Well I had those things in mind couple of mounth ago, but I don't have
enough time to do it. It should be possible to do this with the menu-3
sutff, but there's no way to register keystroke with the mouse button
instead of "keyboard key" at this time. I'll try to find some extra time
this week end.

!ban.