How to customize window resize and move functions.

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Fri Feb 28 07:29:00 UTC 2003

Eclipse is growing on me.  I'm almost where I need to be to switch out
sawfish for Eclipse and use it as my standard window manager.  I've been
defining key-combos like this:

  (define-key-combo :previous-workspace
      :keys '(:p)
      :modifiers '(:and :ALT-LEFT :CONTROL-LEFT)
      :fun (action
            (:press (change-vscreen (root-vscreens *root*) #'+))
            ()))

And putting it in my ~/.eclipse file.  Am I doing this the right way or
is there a better way to do this?

This is what I now want to make happen: I want Eclipse to behave like
sawfish does with regards to window move and resize functions.  To
resize a window, I want to hold down the left ALT key and then press and
hold the second mouse button (right mouse button) and at this point it
should allow me to resize the window.

To move a window, I want to press the left ALT key and press and hold
the left (first) mouse button at which point it should allow me to move
the window around with my mouse.

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Erik.