Novice Questions about clfswm Usage

Alexander Stein al at il5.in
Sun May 31 14:18:34 UTC 2015

Philippe Brochard <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> @Alexander: Welcome on board. Hope you'll like clfswm.
>
> It's nice to have no more words to say than the perfect Andrea's response :-)

Thank you for kick-ass open source software.  You helped me
procrastinate many hours in lieu of work and homework.  I think I need
to take another look at CL, and this project is forcing me to sit down
and finally learn some syntax.

> Thanks Andrea,

Ditto.

> Have fun,

Sure am. Have some questions, but will ask when I spend a week or two on
them and I am certain I will not know the answer.

> Andrea De Michele writes:
>
>> 1) for switch the main modifier form Alt to left win
>> key. I take a note that the following code must be at the end of the
>> configuration file, but I don't known why and if it is really necessary:
>>
>> (defun change-alt-modifier ()
>>   (binding-substitute-modifier :mod-4 :mod-1))
>>
>> (add-hook *binding-hook* 'change-alt-modifier)

Worked beautifully.  Thanks.

>> 2) stumpwm like run-or-raise:
>>
>> in src/clfswm-util.lisp there is the function run-or-raise.
>> I use it like the configuration file example ./doc/dot-clfswmrc for example for emacs:
>>
>> (defun $start-emacs ()
>>  "Run or raise emacs"
>>  (setf *second-mode-leave-function*
>>        (lambda ()
>>          (run-or-raise (lambda (win) (string-equal "emacs"
>> 						    (xlib:get-wm-class win)))
>>                        (lambda () (do-shell "cd $HOME && exec emacsclient -c")))))
>>  (leave-second-mode))

Ditto.  Also worked like a charm.  Thanks.

>> and then add a binding to the new function:
>>
>> (defun binding-example ()
>>  (define-second-key ("e") '$start-emacs))
>>
>> (add-hook *binding-hook* 'binding-example)

And more binding hooks.  Your answer was definitely sufficient.  I also
found some beautiful macros (I rewrote my first CL macro, thanks to you
guys!) having adapted it from here.

https://github.com/XuHaoJun/dotfiles/commit/db2ee9ef0966505877beff08550843faf9f38a9c#diff-e6a1bfb14fee2521e0b0d3fdcb2869f8R19

https://github.com/XuHaoJun/dotfiles/commit/db2ee9ef0966505877beff08550843faf9f38a9c#diff-e6a1bfb14fee2521e0b0d3fdcb2869f8R26

https://github.com/XuHaoJun/dotfiles/commit/db2ee9ef0966505877beff08550843faf9f38a9c#diff-e6a1bfb14fee2521e0b0d3fdcb2869f8R31