Expose mode: strange failures.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sat Dec 7 10:58:14 UTC 2013

Michaël Cadilhac writes:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Philippe Brochard
> <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> SBCL is more sensible than CLISP for unicode strings. This is why I use
>> the (ugly but works) ensure-printable function. But I forgot one in the
>> new fastswitch-mode code. This is hopefully fixed with the commit
>> 544f93c.
>
> Merci!  I still have the random crashes with Expose mode though.
> Anything I can do to give you a more meaningful report?  Is there a
> way to have a backtrace for instance?

Ok, I spot it. I'm trying to solve it.

For your request for a backtrace. You have to use the main-unprotected
function. Start a lisp, load clfswm with asdf and then start clfswm with
main-unprotected instead of main.

> And two other unrelated things, if I may hijack my own thread:
> - I modified  reorder-brother-simple so that it behaves like
> reorder-brother when called with (child-root-p (current-child)), that
> is, (leave-frame) then (enter-frame).  I believe this is more
> consistent and should be done in master.

Ok. Can you send the patch you want to be applied?

> - If I wanted to add a system tray to the toolbar, would
> https://github.com/lucashpandolfo/stumpwm-tray be a good start?

Yes this is a way. I haven't test it in stumpwm and it seems there is
some code related to stumpwm (for example (in-package :stumpwm)).

You can also look at some independent systray project.

> Merci d'avance!

De rien.

> Best,

Regards,