[clfswm-devel] Questions / Feature requests regarding the focus policy

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Apr 21 20:57:55 UTC 2013

Renaud Casenave-Péré a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 06 2013, Philippe Brochard wrote:
>
>> [Sorry for the lag]
>
> [Likewise...]

[And again...]

>> I have updated the code to move mouse pointer only when it's really
>> needed. Also, the focus change only on mouse move so we can use the
>> keyboard to circulate over children.
>
> It's working quite well, thank you!
> If I see something wrong, I'll fill a bug report.

ok, thanks!

>> I've also committed your three columns layout (in your name). Many
>> thanks!
>
> Oh, thank you, thanks to you I am now officially a free software contributor :)

Your welcome! Continue like this :-)

> Regarding my request for a non-stealing focus policy, it seems frame-nw-hook
> doesn't get called when an already existing window requires focus so setting
> leave-focus-frame-nw-hook didn't help after all.
> But I found out that commenting
>
>     (focus-all-children window (find-parent-frame window (find-current-root)))
>
> from
>
> (define-handler main-mode :configure-request (stack-mode window x y width height border-width value-mask)
>  ...)
>
> in clfswm.lisp:83
>
> did the trick. Is it a bad idea?

It's a bad idea because this line is here to maintain the clfswm tree in
a consistent order. Maybe we have to add a specific case following the
new window hook?
But before this, do you have a reproductive case of your expected
behaviour (which application steal the focus?)

Regards,

Philippe