[clfswm-devel] Clfswmrc

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Tue Jan 17 23:12:04 UTC 2012

Valentin Plechinger writes:

>> I like your defkeys-main. But what about the definition above which let
>> you change the mode easily?

>> (defmacro defkeys ((mode) &body keys)
>>  (let ((symb (intern (format nil "DEFINE-~A-KEY" mode))))
>>    `(progn
>>       ,@(loop for k in keys collect `(,symb , at k)))))
>>
>> (defun set-some-keys ()
>>  (defkeys (main)
>>    (("f" :mod-1) 'start-emacs)
>>    (("l" :mod-1) 'expose-all-windows-mode)
>>    (("u" :mod-1) 'expose-windows-mode)
>>    (("w" :mod-4) 'start-firefox)
>>    (("Return" :mod-4) 'start-urxvt))
>>  (defkeys (second)
>>    (("l" :mod-1) 'expose-all-windows-mode)
>>    (("u" :mod-1) 'expose-windows-mode)
>>    (("Return" :mod-4) 'start-urxvt)))
>
> Yes that's even better (I'm not that fluent in lisp).

It is in CLFSWM now. But named as 'define-keys' to keep consistency and
it uses symb instead of intern.

> Maybe a contrib module for things like that could be useful

I don't see what you mean.

> Regarding Mplayer.
> I can't say for sure how it happens, and today I couldn't reproduce
> it, workes fine at the moment.

Ok. Give us any feedback on any wrong behaviour.

> Another strange thing is, that occasionally my SBCL_HOME variable
> stays set at .cache/clfswm.

With the clfswm script, at startup, the default directory is
.cache/clfswm. I don't see why the SBCL_HOME is set to this directory.

> Also I had some crashes whenever I pressed A-F9 to change the tiling mode.
> But again, today everything is fine.

Again, any feedback on wrong behaviour is welcome. CLFSWM is very stable
here but I don't test it on all situations.

> I might try to use it with clisp again as I did on my old pc
> (perfectly stable there) but I had some trouble getting it running.
> When I can pin down what exactly causes this behaviour I'll write a
> detailed report about it. At the moment it would be pointless.
> Thanks for the help

Regards,

Philippe